|If you are a UK taxpayer and you pay or higher, Gift Aided ticket price, the Charleston Trust can then claim back 25% from the government. In 2014, Gift Aid generated an additional £24,000 for The Charleston Trust which made a significant contribution to the maintenance of the House and Garden. As an independent charity, this additional income is very valuable to us.
In the current tax year, you will need to pay sufficient UK Income Tax/Capital Gains Tax to cover both this donation to Charleston and any other gift aided donations you may make.
House tickets may sell out during busy periods. Book your tickets ahead online here to avoid disappointment.
|House and Grounds||with voluntary Gift Aid donation||without voluntary Gift Aid donation|
Children (6-16 years)*
House tour not suitable for small children
|Accessible (restricted mobility, ground floor-only)*||£7.00||£6.00|
|Concessions (Students/Green Concession*/ Unemployed or receiving benefits – proof required)||£11.00||£10.00|
|Family ticket (up to 2 adults and up to 2 children)||£35.00||£31.00|
|Specialist Tours (selected dates)80 minute Sisters themed tour30 minute family tour|
|Garden only||with voluntary Gift Aid donation||without voluntary Gift Aid donation|
*Accessible tickets cannot be pre-booked online. If you would like to pre-book these tickets please call the Visitor Manager on 01323 811626.
*Tour places for children under 6 are free but must be booked, as spaces are strictly limited.
*Green Concession applies to visitors arriving by means other than their car (public transport, on foot or on bike)
Only assistance dogs are allowed in the garden or house.
Terms and Conditions
- Once booked and paid for,all tickets (e-tickets and tickets bought in the Charleston Shop) are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- E-tickets must be clearly printed – the date and time of visit, the barcode and barcode reference number must all be clear to be verified on our till system. If you are unable to print your tickets, please contact us.
- Electronic versions of e-tickets (displayed clearly on a smart phone or tablet) will be accepted – the date and time of visit, the barcode and barcode reference number must all be clear to be verified on our till system.
- You must bring your e-tickets with you on the day to exchange for your entry ticket. The Charleston Trust is unable to allow entry without production of a valid e-ticket.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring they input their details correctly and in full into the ticket booking system. The Charleston Trust takes no responsibility for missing e-tickets owing to customer errors
- The Charleston Trust takes no responsibility for tickets purchased from unauthorised agents or other sources which are therefore invalid.
- The Charleston Trust is not liable for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
- Failure to comply with these ‘Terms and Conditions’ will make your ticket and transaction void.
- Tickets must not be sold for profit or commercial gain by any outlet other than Merlin Online Ticketing or the Charleston Trust.
- Friends of Charleston must bring their Friends membership card(s) (and their pre-booked e-ticket(s), if applicable) to qualify for free entry. If not, you may be asked to pay the full admission price and no refunds will be given.
- Art Fund members must bring their Art Fund National Art Pass membership card(s) (and their pre-booked e-ticket(s), if applicable) to qualify for free entry. If not, you will be asked to pay the full admission price and no refunds will be given.
- Holders of Concessions e-tickets (Green/Students/Unemployed or on benefits) must bring proof of their qualification for the concessionary price (and their pre-booked e-ticket(s), if applicable). If not, you will be asked to pay the full admission price and no refunds will be given.
- Our Ground Floor Only tickets are not available to pre-book online. To reserve an accessible ticket, please call the Visitor team on 01323 811626.
- Our Garden Only tickets (adult and child) are not available to pre-book online and must be purchased from the Charleston Shop on the day.
- Tickets for young children (babies and those aged 5 and under) are free but must be organised (or pre-booked, if purchasing online) along with all other tickets required, as space is strictly limited on tours and entry times.
- The Charleston Trust reserves the right to alter tour times without prior notice if necessary. Every effort will be made to publicise this fact and to contact holders of pre-booked tickets but we cannot guarantee this will be possible.
- Online tickets are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.Tickets may also be available on the day from the Charleston Shop (on site) but we cannot guarantee availability for these (they are also served on a first-come, first-served basis).
- Spaces on tours and entry times are strictly limited. If there are not enough spaces available at the time of your choice you will need to purchase tickets for a different time. No spare tickets for tours sold online and which are sold out are available from the Shop.
- The Charleston Trust reserves the right to ask visitors who cause unreasonable disturbance in the museum to leave. Unreasonable disturbance will be defined by our Visitor Manager or their deputy. No refunds will be given in these circumstances. Please show consideration for fellow visitors and staff.
- Please arrive in good time for your booked tour/entry time. Latecomers will only be admitted when and where possible, and this will be determined by our Visitor Manager or their deputy. No refunds will be given if you are late and miss your tour/entry time.
- We operate a ‘no readmission to the House’ policy for all guided tours and entry times. If you need to leave the House we will not be able to readmit you, except in the event of an emergency (e.g. fire alarm).
- You must produce a valid ticket to gain entry to Charleston and upon request for inspection when you enter the House and Garden.
Safety and Security
- To protect the fragile collection we do not allow the following in the House:
- Large bags and pushchairs (babies must be carried in front);
- Food or drink, including babies’ bottles;
- Pens, pencils with erasers and coloured pencils;
- Wet coats and umbrellas and unsuitable footwear.
- For security and copyright reasons we do not allow photography inside the House or through the windows.
- Smoking is not permitted in the House or Garden.
- Mobile phones must be turned off or silenced when in the House.
- Assistance dogs are welcome at Charleston. To help ensure your needs are met, please advise us in advance by calling 01323 811626 or email email@example.com. No other animals are permitted in the House, Garden, Shop or Outer Studio Café.
- The Charleston Trust has restored the house, garden and grounds to the way it was for the people who created it and lived here. To achieve this the use of warning signs and safety rails has been kept to a minimum throughout the site and we therefore ask you to treat this note as a general request to take care when visiting Charleston.
The invalidity or partial invalidity of any provision of these ‘Terms and Conditions’ shall not prejudice or affect the remainder of these ‘Terms and Conditions’, which shall continue in full force and effect.