The Friends of Charleston
The Charleston Trust, a small independent charity receiving no government funding, was set up in 1980 to restore and maintain the home of the Bloomsbury Group artists for the benefit of the public.
The Friends of Charleston, its thriving membership scheme, provides valuable support to help Charleston remain a place of inspiration and creativity and continue to be a flourishing independent house museum.
Become a Friend
Support Charleston and help to safeguard its future by becoming a Friend and enjoy:
- Free entry to the house and garden during our public opening hours
- Priority Booking for the Charleston Festival
- Selected offers for the Creative Workshops & Events Programme
- Regular updates by post and email including Canvas, Charleston’s tri-annual publication
- Invitation to Friends only events
If you have any questions please call Charleston on 01323 815151
Become a Friend for Life
Support Charleston even further by becoming a Life Friend and for a one-off joining fee enjoy all the Friends benefits plus the additional benefits of:
- Free entry to the house and garden for yourself and up to 3 guests during our public opening hours
- Exclusive tours of the house for yourself and up to 8 guests outside of public opening hours (by arrangement)
- A copy of Charleston: A Bloomsbury House & Garden, signed by its author Virginia Nicholson
For more information you can email or call 01323 815 151
Pricing & Renewals
There are different types of friends membership to suit you.
Joint/Plus One- £60/55
Family (2 adults & 2 children)- £70/65
Student/Under 25- £30/25
Life Individual- £650
Life Joint- £1095
Sign up to Gift Aid
UK tax-payers can sign a Gift Aid declaration, which allows the Trust to claim back the tax paid on subscription costs. Gift Aid costs you nothing, but increases the real value of every subscription by 25%.
Click here to complete an online Gift Aid declaration
American Friends and Supporters
Charleston is a Sponsored Project of the Royal Oak Foundation in the United States: www.royal-oak.org. If you are a US tax payer, you may make tax deductible donations to the Royal Oak Foundation.
Please contact Charleston on 01323 811626 or at email@example.com for a Royal Oak Foundation gift form.